We get it, accounting can be a bit daunting. You might have some experience with basic accounting concepts or bookkeeping through life, but when starting and managing a small business the uncertainty you feel can be overwhelming. This workshop is here to help you better manage your small business accounting needs!
This workshop will help you to:
• Define what “accounting” is and explain its purpose.
• Identify the different types of business accounts and their uses.
• Record basic financial transactions in a journal.
• Prepare a trial balance.
• Understand the basic accounting equation (assets = liabilities + equity).
• Interpret a simple income statement and balance sheet.
This workshop builds the foundational knowledge you will need to be ready for the next accounting workshop “Financial Statements Unlocked”.
Come as you are (no prior experience necessary) and bring all of your questions!
Learn more before taking this workshop: Manage your finances (sba.gov)
Registration is required.
*We encourage all low-income applicants to contact our team regarding discounted class rates. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Nicolle Hansen by email@example.com or by phone at 509-456-7627 ext. 4119. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours please call 509-456-7627 ext. 4100.